Postpartum Doula Care
The weeks following the birth of a baby are exciting and challenging. As you get to know your baby, you'll learn to see and understand cues for hunger or discomfort and joy and you'll also learn how to manage your own life as a "24-hour human." I offer postpartum doula services for families who need a little extra care in this transition or those who simply don’t have family nearby to step in and lend a hand.
$35/hr day time (9am to 5pm), 3 hour minimum;
$40/hr for overnight care (10pm to 6am), 8 hour minimum.
Benefits of Postpartum Doula Care:
- Increased success of breastfeeding
- Facilitates parent-infant bonding
- Decreases incidence of postpartum depression
- Encourages appropriate well-baby and mother care
- Increases parents’ confidence in their parenting skills
Postpartum doulas support whatever parenting style you choose. My goal is to make it easier for you to parent your new baby. It is my honor to nurture parents into their new roles. As parents experience success and their knowledge and self-confidence grow, their needs for professional support should diminish.
How I can help you:
From helping parents navigate long nights with little sleep, to helping mom get the hang of nursing or feeding, to keeping on top of daily chores like cleaning, cooking and even showering, a postpartum doula is an invaluable asset.
Postpartum doula care includes:
- Initial consultation in person, in your home or we can meet elsewhere if you like
- Access to my lending library and resources
- Lactation support and education
- Newborn care so parents can rest
- Education on how to best care for and nurture your newborn
- Laundry and light household duties to help the parents rest instead of worrying about the home
- Support to help with potential concerns with postpartum mood disorders
- Sibling care
- Pet care including feeding and dog walking
- Overnight newborn care so the parents can get a night of rest